Do not be alarmed if you suddenly see a Bitcoin ATM in a Walmart near you. Although not widely announced, the retail giant is rolling out 200 of these machines throughout its network. Again, another sign of why ignoring Bitcoin is a big mistake.
Bitcoin ATMs Pop Up At Walmart
- Walmart is the U.S.’ largest company by revenue and a retail giant.
- The firm is now rolling out 200 Bitcoin ATMs across its stores.
- Through these machines, Walmart customers can purchase Bitcoin with cash.
- The move is made possible through a collaboration with Coinme.
- However, the Bitcoin ATMs are made by Coinstar.
- Most people may know Coinstar for exchanging coins for paper bills or gift cards.
- The process of acquiring Bitcoin through these ATMs involves paper vouchers and setting up a Coinme account through a KYC procedure.
- There is a 4% fee for buying Bitcoin and a 7% cash exchange fee.
- It remains unclear if Walmart’s venture will prove popular at those high fees.
- There are now nearly 30,000 crypto ATMs worldwide across 75 countries.
Looking to advertise? We will gladly help spread the word about your project, company, or service. CryptoMode produces high quality content for cryptocurrency companies. We have provided brand exposure for dozens of companies to date, and you can be one of them. All of our clients appreciate our value/pricing ratio. Contact us if you have any questions: [email protected]