Project management applications are tools used by businesses to keep projects or assignments on track, remain on a budget, and meet deadlines. These apps allow managers or team leaders to assign roles, mark significant milestones, and set deadlines. Furthermore, it allows seamless real-time collaboration because all team members can access a single platform to check project status or obtain information.
Therefore, managing everyday tasks within an organization becomes easier with project management apps, and employees are much more productive. Below are some of the top project management software to check out in 2022.
- Asana: Asana is a user-friendly task management application that you can use to manage your projects. The app allows users to create and share task or assignment lists with their team. Also, the app has got several integrations, and teams of up fifteen members can use the app for free. If you have a bigger team, you can choose a plan that fits your requirements. Asana’s plans range from $10.99/month.
- Merlin Project Express: If you are looking for a tool to manage and track multiple projects, you cannot go wrong with Merlin Project Express. It is a feature-packed application with enhanced tools for functionality and collaboration. The app is designed to allow users to handle semi-professional and home projects and monitor multiple projects and budgets on the go. The app is also packed with rich sharing options.
- GanttPRO: Based on Gantt charts, GanttPRO is a project management software and a powerful alternative to Microsoft Project. You can break big tasks into smaller tasks with visually appealing timelines, thanks to the software. The app offers a 14-day trial period.
Now that you know about a few of the project management apps to use in 2022, let’s consider the factors to consider when selecting one for your business or home projects.
- Allows for real-time collaboration and reporting
Project management apps with real-time reporting and collaboration features will save you time and effort. The software will pull data from different sources and areas to produce reports that reflect your project’s current status. Furthermore, when teams can collaborate in real-time, it saves managers or team leaders the hassle of giving out information to individual team members. Everyone can access the assigned tasks, project deadlines, and other information on a single portal. If one team member makes any edits or changes, the rest are immediately notified.
- Seamless management of tasks
The start of all Gantt charts is a task list, and therefore, you need task management features that allow you to assign tasks to the team members. It will help your team focus on what’s important if assigned to specific tasks.
Furthermore, the app must allow you to order tasks, group them, and add target completion dates.
- Impeccable scheduling tools to stay on track
When it comes to managing projects effectively, you will require professional-grade scheduling tools, such as Gantt chart software. Most apps will not show your project plans in a Gantt chart format, but you’ll see a list of tasks. Although a list of tasks is alright for small projects with a small team, it becomes complicated when you need to handle multiple big projects with larger teams.
It is essential to invest in project management software that is user-friendly. If you invest in overly complicated software, it will be a colossal task to explain its use to your team members. Also, you might have to spend extra money on training your team. So, it is best to choose a straightforward project management app.
- Must have external sharing options
Sharing tasks and plans with team members within the organization is essential, but you also need to look for an app to share project details with people outside of your business. If the software offers multiple sharing options, it will benefit you in the long run.
- Highly customizable
A project management application allowing users to personalize their experience using custom fields and exports is what you must consider. The app must let you make small changes to the look and feel of the software so it can reflect your working preferences. Some apps let you change colors, upload logos, etc. But the most crucial areas for personalization are data columns and reports.
- Top-notch security features
Functionality and ease of use must be your top considerations when selecting project management apps, but you also need to think of security. Your company data need to remain safe so the project integrity is maintained. So, do not forget to check the security features built-in to the project management app before making your choice.
There are several top-notch project management apps available on the market, and you can find one that caters to your specific requirements. Keep in mind the features to look for in an app to make an informed decision.
CryptoMode produces high quality content for cryptocurrency companies. We have provided brand exposure for dozens of companies to date, and you can be one of them. All of our clients appreciate our value/pricing ratio. Contact us if you have any questions: [email protected] None of the information on this website is investment or financial advice. CryptoMode is not responsible for any financial losses sustained by acting on information provided on this website by its authors or clients. No reviews should be taken at face value, always conduct your research before making financial commitments.