Bitmain is a well-known name in the cryptocurrency mining industry. Producing powerful ASICs is a good way to stay on top of the market. Riot Blockchain is intent on acquiring more of these mining units over the coming months.
More Bitmain ASICS for Riot Blockchain
- Mining Bitcoin requires specialized hardware, often referred to as ASICs.
- Similar to other electronics, these models continue to evolve, becoming more powerful and energy efficient.
- Bitmain’s latest model is the S19 Pro, capable of mining Bitcoin at 110 TH/s per unit.
- Through a new partnership, Riot Blockchain will acquire 5,100 Antminer S19 Pro units.
- This deal involves over $10 million in value changing hands between now and February 2021.
- Riot Blockchain is intent on achieving an operational rate of 2 exohash per second on the Bitcoin network.
- Purchasing these 5,100 units will improve the company’s mining capacity by 0.56 exohash per second.
- The combined hashrate for Bticoin has recently peaked above 150 exohash per second.
- As a Nasdaq-listed cryptocurrency mining company, Riot Blockchain needs to keep pushing the boundaries.
- Increasing the mining power will allow the company to – in theory -produce more Bitcoins around the clock.
- Bitcoin saw its mining reward decrease by 50% earlier this year, a process known as “the halving”.
- The mining rewards will keep decreasing every 4 years.
- Current profitability for every Antminer S19 Pro – assuming electricity costs $0.01 per kWh – sits at $14.49 per day.
- To break even on the units, the company will need to mine continuously for roughly 200 days.
- From that point forward, the units will begin generating a profit.
Looking to advertise? We will gladly help spread the word about your project, company, or service. CryptoMode produces high quality content for cryptocurrency companies. We have provided brand exposure for dozens of companies to date, and you can be one of them. All of our clients appreciate our value/pricing ratio. Contact us if you have any questions: [email protected]