The median transaction value of a cryptocurrency is often an indication of overall network health. Keeping that in mind, Litecoin is not looking too great right now. Reaching a five-year low for median transfer value is not something anyone had expected to see.
Smaller Median Transfer Value for LTC
- The median transfer value of a crypto asset depicts the average value of network transactions.
- Looking at the successful transactions for Litecoin, a clear downtrend has been forming.
- Since 2017, the median transfer value on Litecoin has decreased on a regular basis.
- Yesterday, a five-year low was reached, which is not exactly a promising sign.
- With a current median transfer value of just 0.584 LTC, the decline in average value continues unabated.
- Previously., the lowest point was 0.603 LTC per transaction. recorded on August 20 of this year.
- It is unclear why the median transaction value is decreasing for Litecoin, as it remains a cheaper network to move value across.
- Additionally, the number of transactions on the network has recently seen a strong increase.
- More transactions usually lead to a stable median transaction value, rather than seeing it decrease it even further.
- The price of Litecoin has tapered off a bit since late August, moving from $62.6 to $47.88 in relatively quick succession.
- A lower price doesn’t warrant moving smaller amounts of LTC across the network on average.
- Turning this ship around will be challenging, although Litecoin remains a relatively healthy network.
Looking to advertise? We will gladly help spread the word about your project, company, or service. CryptoMode produces high quality content for cryptocurrency companies. We have provided brand exposure for dozens of companies to date, and you can be one of them. All of our clients appreciate our value/pricing ratio. Contact us if you have any questions: [email protected]