Cryptocurrencies continue to attract the attention of criminals worldwide. Europol confirms cryptocurrency “devices” were confiscated during a recent raid in Poland. The organized gang primarily sold fake importance treatments.
Another big Victory for Europol
- Taking as many fake products off the international market is the main objective for agencies such as Europol.
- No market, big or small, can be overlooked in this regard.
- For some time now, cryptocurrencies have begun playing an increasing role of importance in criminal operations.
- During this stint, 11 locations were raided, resulting in the arrest of 10 Polish citizens.
- As part of the seizure, 23,000 pills with a value of 112,000 Euro have been confiscated.
- Additionally, the Polish national Police and Europol also took 16,000 Euro in cash, as well as luxury cars, properties, and a gas weapon.
- One particular aspect is how two “specialized cryptocurrency devices” were seized as well, yet no one knows what they were sued for exactly.
- When the investigation was ongoing, the criminals laundered large parts of their proceeds through multiple cryptocurrencies.
- Being in operation since 2016, the group primarily sells fake impotence treatments on darknet marketplaces.
- It is believed at least 260,000 euro worth of profits have been generated since 2016.
- Laundering money and counterfeiting are serious offenses in Europe and fall under Europol jurisdiction.