Cryptocurrencies continue to attract the attention of criminals worldwide. Europol confirms cryptocurrency “devices” were confiscated during a recent raid in Poland. The organized gang primarily sold fake importance treatments.
Another big Victory for Europol
- Taking as many fake products off the international market is the main objective for agencies such as Europol.
- No market, big or small, can be overlooked in this regard.
- For some time now, cryptocurrencies have begun playing an increasing role of importance in criminal operations.
- During this stint, 11 locations were raided, resulting in the arrest of 10 Polish citizens.
- As part of the seizure, 23,000 pills with a value of 112,000 Euro have been confiscated.
- Additionally, the Polish national Police and Europol also took 16,000 Euro in cash, as well as luxury cars, properties, and a gas weapon.
- One particular aspect is how two “specialized cryptocurrency devices” were seized as well, yet no one knows what they were sued for exactly.
- When the investigation was ongoing, the criminals laundered large parts of their proceeds through multiple cryptocurrencies.
- Being in operation since 2016, the group primarily sells fake impotence treatments on darknet marketplaces.
- It is believed at least 260,000 euro worth of profits have been generated since 2016.
- Laundering money and counterfeiting are serious offenses in Europe and fall under Europol jurisdiction.
Looking to advertise? We will gladly help spread the word about your project, company, or service. CryptoMode produces high quality content for cryptocurrency companies. We have provided brand exposure for dozens of companies to date, and you can be one of them. All of our clients appreciate our value/pricing ratio. Contact us if you have any questions: [email protected]