A stronger collaboration between BitPay and Coinbase introduces some core changes. Users can benefit from instant and no-fee blockchain payments. At the same time, there are some drawbacks to consider as well.
BitPay and Coinbase Strengthen Ties
- BitPay is intent on making its services more accessible to Coinbase users looking to spend crypto assets.
- Merchants who rely on BitPay to accept and process transactions will now be able to receive transactions instantly and at no fee.
- The worrisome aspect is how this removes the peer-to-peer movement of funds, as well as any traceability of transactions taking place.
- For the average user and merchant, that aspect will not matter too much, but it is important to keep the bigger picture in mind at all times.
- This new service will be accessible for any transaction under $1,000, with limits to potentially be increased in the future.
- A similar integration will occur for users looking to pay Bitpay merchants through their Coinbase account via the BitPay Wallet app.
- Giving users an easier way to monitor and manage their funds can boost global cryptocurrency adoption.
- One core aspect of this integration is how it will bring USDC to more businesses around the world, as that is now an available payment method.
- This is good news for businesses who worry about the native volatility of regular crypto assets.
- Other supported assets include Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Ripple’s XRP.
Looking to advertise? We will gladly help spread the word about your project, company, or service. CryptoMode produces high quality content for cryptocurrency companies. We have provided brand exposure for dozens of companies to date, and you can be one of them. All of our clients appreciate our value/pricing ratio. Contact us if you have any questions: [email protected]