The appeal of non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, cannot be denied. It is an excellent medium for creators, influencers, artists, and even fast-food chains to interact with a global audience. It is intriguing to see the likes of McDonaldś’s and Burger King get in on the action, although other chains may follow suit soon.
Fast-Food Giants And NFTs
- NFTs are one of the hottest trends in the blockchain and crypto industry today.
- Several projects have over $100 million in turnover, with a fair few going even higher.
- The technology is not just designed for artists enthusiastic about blockchain technology or cryptocurrencies.
- Anyone can create NFTs on any supporting blockchain, although not all collections and creations serve investment purposes.
- Even some of the worldś biggest fast-food giants are now exploring opportunities for NFTs and customer interaction.
- Notable brands experimenting with that technology include McDonald’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell.
- Taco Bell’s Taco Art has artistic renditions of its fast-food offerings, with some NFTs selling for 10 ETH or more.
- Burger King released its ”Keep It Real Meals” digital collectible collection. Customers get one of three collectible game pieces with every order. Collecting all the automatically issues a fourth: a collectible, a free year of burgers, or a celebrity call.
- McDonald’s will issue 188 NFTs in China to celebrate its 31st anniversary.
- Pizza Hut Canada introduced digital NFT images of pizza slices under the 1 Byte Favorites banner.
- Following these successful explorations, other fast-food giants are likely to follow suit.
- None of the efforts are for monetary gain, as they serve as a marketing tool first and foremost. Some proceeds have been forwarded to charity.
- It remains unclear how long NFTs will remain popular, however.
Looking to advertise? We will gladly help spread the word about your project, company, or service. CryptoMode produces high quality content for cryptocurrency companies. We have provided brand exposure for dozens of companies to date, and you can be one of them. All of our clients appreciate our value/pricing ratio. Contact us if you have any questions: [email protected]