The appeal of non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, cannot be denied. It is an excellent medium for creators, influencers, artists, and even fast-food chains to interact with a global audience. It is intriguing to see the likes of McDonaldś’s and Burger King get in on the action, although other chains may follow suit soon.
Fast-Food Giants And NFTs
- NFTs are one of the hottest trends in the blockchain and crypto industry today.
- Several projects have over $100 million in turnover, with a fair few going even higher.
- The technology is not just designed for artists enthusiastic about blockchain technology or cryptocurrencies.
- Anyone can create NFTs using NFT creator software, although not all collections and creations serve investment purposes.
- Even some of the worldś biggest fast-food giants are now exploring opportunities for NFTs and customer interaction.
- Notable brands experimenting with that technology include McDonald’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell.
- Taco Bell’s Taco Art has artistic renditions of its fast-food offerings, with some NFTs selling for 10 ETH or more.
- Burger King released its ”Keep It Real Meals” digital collectible collection. Customers get one of three collectible game pieces with every order. Collecting all the automatically issues a fourth: a collectible, a free year of burgers, or a celebrity call.
- McDonald’s will issue 188 NFTs in China to celebrate its 31st anniversary.
- Pizza Hut Canada introduced digital NFT images of pizza slices under the 1 Byte Favorites banner.
- Following these successful explorations, other fast-food giants are likely to follow suit.
- None of the efforts are for monetary gain, as they serve as a marketing tool first and foremost. Some proceeds have been forwarded to charity.
- Taco Bell will need to put its marketing software to good use to generate a buzz for these non-fungible tokens.
- It remains unclear how long NFTs will remain popular, however.
None of the information on this website is investment or financial advice and does not necessarily reflect the views of CryptoMode or the author. CryptoMode is not responsible for any financial losses sustained by acting on information provided on this website by its authors or clients. Always conduct your research before making financial commitments, especially with third-party reviews, presales, and other opportunities.