Bitcoin (BTC) has garnered the notice of investors and companies from all industries. Today’s leading cryptocurrency has shown its viability as a medium of exchange through its performance in recent years. Because of its effectiveness, altcoins such as Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, and Bitcoin Cash have emerged.
The primary characteristic of BTC that entices a lot of people is that it’s decentralized. There’s no single entity, whether a government or financial institution, that controls it. The electronic cash system relies heavily on its user community through peer-to-peer transactions.
Miners in the network verify these transactions, which are then added to the blockchain that acts as a public ledger where all transfers are recorded. This transparency allows the system to be self-regulating.
Business owners benefit from investing in this cryptocurrency. Here are some advantages of having a Bitcoin investment:
Having a variety of asset classes in your investment portfolio reduces the risk of significant losses in case the value of a particular asset plummets over a period. Asset diversification enables you to enjoy the perks of different investment types, which perform best at various economic cycles.
As a business owner, it’s wise to use a portion of your revenue for trading and other investment opportunities. This way, you take advantage of higher profits through dividends and the like, which is much better than merely relying on interest rates when you keep them in the bank.
Investing in Bitcoin, along with bonds, stocks, and mutual funds, can diversify your portfolio and minimize the risk of potential loss regardless of market movement. BTC may still be volatile, but its value continues to rise even with the fluctuations.
Although it surged to new heights in 2017 and followed a crash, it certainly has come a long way from its equivalent dollar price during its early years. Plus, lots of people are deeming it as the currency of the future, so it makes a lot of sense for you to invest in it now and reap the rewards later.
You can increase your digital assets by buying Bitcoin using fiat or real-world money. It works similarly to traditional stocks. However, if you’re still apprehensive about the process, you can take advantage of automated trading bots. According to Max Harris, Bitcoin Future is an easy-to-use trading platform that enables users to gain a profit without stressing too much on monitoring the market.
Advantageous Payment Solution
Investing in Bitcoin can give your business a boost because it’s an effective payment solution. It has minimal transaction fees because the process doesn’t entail too many intermediaries as is the case for traditional fiat currency. You also help your customers get the best value for their money because there won’t be additional costs to their payment like foreign exchange rates and transaction fees from banks.
BTC is a global currency, so you can send payment to suppliers and receive payments from customers no matter where they are in the world with a lesser transaction cost at that. You just need to sign up for a crypto wallet and inform shoppers that you now accept Bitcoin as compensation for your goods and services.
These are some tips to ensure that you’re storing your Bitcoin safely:
- Create a Strong Password – When signing up with an online exchange or wallet, prepare a strong password that’s a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Use different cases as well, capitalizing some letters while utilizing lowercase for others.
- Use Two-Factor Authentication – It’s also recommended that you enable two-factor authentication every time you sign up or transfer funds. With this, the system confirms that it’s you who’s executing the task by sending you a verification email or a one-time passcode on your registered mobile phone.
- Have Separate Wallets – Use two different wallets for your business dealings. You can have one that’s specifically for receiving payments from customers, another for paying your suppliers, and a different one for keeping your savings or trading capital. Just be sure to transfer the funds from the first storage to the others through a secure connection.
- Dedicate a Device for Transactions – As much as possible, set aside a device that’s purely for your Bitcoin transactions. Accessing your digital wallets through multiple computers or phones can increase security risks since you can’t always monitor the vulnerabilities of those gadgets.
- Invest in a Hardware Wallet – Bitcoin is a digital asset that’s composed of encrypted addresses on the blockchain. To protect your funds further, you can purchase a hardware wallet specifically designed to store these unique keys. This hardware is similar to USB devices, which connect to your computer with ease. Security features include a PIN and a “seed” in case you forget the former.
- Keep Private Keys Offline – Create backups of your wallet as well. This way, you can still retrieve your electronic cash in case your computer gets broken, or your hard disk fails. It’s best to have a backup after each transfer or, at the very least, after every 100 transactions so that you always have the updated files containing the latest private keys of your Bitcoin funds.
Earn Interest on Your Investment
Instead of merely buying Bitcoin for personal use, you should invest it since the process will give you more BTC in the long run. You earn the cryptocurrency when you put your money in it. It may seem insignificant at first, but you’ll definitely feel the impact in the future.
Bitcoin’s high adoption rate is one of the reasons why it’s a good future investment. As mentioned above, the cryptocurrency’s performance has gained the interest of investors, companies, and governments. Many countries are drafting up regulations, which show that BTC is rapidly becoming a widely-accepted medium of exchange for goods and services.
Invest in Bitcoin now while the iron is still hot. Analysts are predicting another bull run for the cryptocurrency, so it’s best to take advantage of the current market before it’s too late. As a business owner, you get the benefit of having a diverse investment portfolio and earn interest from these investments. Moreover, you increase your profits because you save on transaction